PICBASIC PRO Compiler
A world class BASIC Compiler for rapid development of BARTH Open Source Mini-PLC projects.
- Familiar BASIC syntax
- IF (condition) THEN / ELSE / ELSEIF /ENDIF
- SELECT CASE
- DO WHILE/UNTIL
- Direct Register Access
- All Special Function Registers are pre-mapped by PBP and accessible by name
- Built-In Commands for operations common to embedded development
- Accurate Delays in uS and mS resolutions
- Analog to Digital Conversion
- Asynchronous Serial Communications (RS-232, RS-485, etc)
- Synchronous Serial including I2C and SPI
- Character LCD
- Parsing and Formatting of ASCII Strings
- Sinusoidal Frequency Generation and DTMF
- Pulse-Width Measurement
- Low-Power Mode
- Conditional Compilation with Command-Line Constants
- In-Line Assembly Language
- Easy Device Configuration
- Configuration settings listed for each supported device
- New #CONFIG directive eliminates the need to edit header files
- Interrupts in BASIC or Assembly Language
- Newly revised and expanded, 300+ page reference manual.
- MPLAB/MPLABX compatible.
- Lightning Fast
- Generates Optimized, Machine Ready Code
- 15+ Year History
Easy enough for the hobbyist, strong enough for a Pro. Professionals love it because it is designed to get things done fast. Thatīs one reason the BASIC language was chosen. Simple. Easy to use. Straight forward with dedicated libraries/routines to make the difficult easy. Itīs what we, and 1000īs of companies, use to develop to our own projects!
It has evolved over the span of 15 years, making it the industry standard in its field. It has become a professional-level development tool for embedded programmers, though it retains the easy-to-learn syntax that makes it popular among experimenters and educators worldwide.
PBP should not be confused with the slow BASIC interpreters of the past. This is a full-blown development tool that produces code in the same manner as a C compiler (without the pain of C). PBP is widely used by engineering professionals who depend on its stability and maturity to produce commercial firmware. It is also used by educational institutions because it is very easy to learn and understand.